Thursday, June 24, 2010

I know I'm loved...because of pineapple juice

It may seem silly to equate love and pineapple juice, but it's true. With all things apartment that are going on in our house, our mornings are sometimes different. A usual Croft morning goes something like this:

5:00 or some other unholy hour, Michael gets up to go to the gym.
Anywhere between 6:00-7:oo (if Jacob is feeling kind) Jacob and I wake up.
Hopefully before 8:30 everyone else is up and out the door for my turn at the gym.

Because there are some apartment things that can be done only after the kids are in bed, sometimes the gym loses out to sleep. The way I figure it, if I'm getting an apartment ready until 0ne in the morning, that's a good enough workout. On the morning after nights like that, this is how our morning goes.

Between 6:00 -7:40 Michael gets up, showers, gets ready, and gets Jacob when he wakes up. If the girls wake up before he leaves, he gets them breakfast too. What am I doing during all of this? That's right, I'm still asleep in my cozy bed. When it's time for Michael to go to work, he'll come in and wake me up, telling me who is awake, what they have eaten, and any other pertinent things that have happened while I was dead to the world.
A little side note, when Jacob wakes up, he wants breakfast now, right now. The girls were nice enough when they were little that they didn't mind occasionally laying in bed with one or both of their parents until the morning was a little less, um, early. Jacob waits for no one when it comes to meal time. When he wakes up, it's time for breakfast.

So, now to the pineapple juice. I love it, plain and simple. I think all in my house know that when there is a can of pineapple to be opened, the juice is mine (I would actually buy pineapple juice, but even I can't drink all of it before it goes bad). It was no surprise to me to wake up after a late night with apartments to find this.

Michael gave Jacob pineapple that morning with his breakfast and was thoughtful enough to save the juice for me. That's love.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Ahhhh!! How sweet is he?? Great post!

Casa de Croft said...

That Michael-he's a keeper. And to think, I was getting ready to harrass you for another posting...

Kathy said...

That is one "great hubby" for sure - has a lot of Croft in him sounds like. I love your recipes so keep-a-postin please.
Hugs...