Monday, August 29, 2011

Double Vision

I had to take in a snack to school for Christine today. As I walked past the library, I noticed her teacher, Mrs. Norby inside. I decided to just drop off the snack in the classroom, only to find Mrs. Norby reading to the class in their classroom. I thought I must have just mistaken whomever I had seen in the library for Mrs. Norby. As I headed back to the office to sign out, I saw her again! This time I was able to look at her directly in the face. It had to be her. I must have had a confused expression on my face, because after Christine's "teacher" left, the secretary filled me in. "Mrs. Norby has an identical twin, you're not crazy." I remembered then that Christine had told me that, but I had no idea that they both worked at her school. I'm hoping that my embarrassing moments throughout the year are few with teacher mix ups, but I'm not counting on it.

Christine and the real Mrs. Norby on the first day of school. I'm guessing by the quality of our point and shoot's photos that a certain little boy has gotten his fingerprints on the lens.


Emma on her first day of Kindergarten (sniff). She really likes Mrs. Barnett. I couldn't get Emma to look at the camera, and I didn't want to be "that mom" that turns the first day into a photo shoot. I do, however, like Michael's supermodel pose in the background.


Jacob loves having the older girls in school. The competition for my and Julia's time has gone down, and he loves feeling like he's the oldest for a bit. More importantly, I think he enjoys having one mother instead of three.


Here's our cool girl Julia. She's 7 months now, and I can't believe how fast time is flying. Someday I'll do a post on her entrance into this world, but not while she sits squirming on my lap. Perhaps when she's forty.

2 comments:

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

The kids are growning so fast, and so dang CUTE! Jacob looks so much like a little Croft boy I babysat many years ago, and it looks like he is ready to take charge;)

Stacey said...

Super cool shades on the lil one! I can't believe how fast Jacob is turning into a little (big) man! The older girls are precious and adorable. I hope they have a great school year!