Saturday, May 9, 2009

The Crazy Game of "Would You Rather...?"

The girls got this game out of a kid's meal from Arby's. Michael and I took turns guessing each other's answers; it's pretty interesting. I highlighted the option I would choose. I tag anyone who's interested to post this on their blog.

Would you rather...
have to walk around with 6 large balloons tied to your wrist for a year
-or-
with loud bells on your ankles for a year?
The noise from the bells would just be too much for me.

Would you rather...
be born with an elephant trunk
-or-
with a giraffe neck?
At least the trunk would be useful! It would be like an extra hand.

Would you rather...
wake up tomorrow with a jack-o-lantern for a head
-or-
with tree limbs for arms and legs?
I would look silly but at least I could function.

Would you rather...
be extremely lucky
-or-
be extremely smart...but not both lucky and smart?
I would like to say I'd choose the other one, but this is where I admit that I'm shallow.

If you were shrunk to the size of a thimble, would you rather...
have to run across the playing area of a pinball machine during a game
-or-
across an air hockey table during a game?
There aren't as many obstacles on the air hockey table.

Would you rather...
have the ability to erase memories from your own mind
-or-
have the ability to erase memories from someone else's mind?
When Michael and I played it was my turn to guess his response. He chose the same one I did, but for a different reason. I chose it to be able to save face (someone sees me do something embarrassing, I erase their memory). He said, "Think of the people you could help. You could erase their painful memories." Again, my shallowness surfaces. He truly is my better half.

Would you rather...
lick 1,000 stamps
-or-
read out loud all the last names that start with "A" in the phone book?
I hate the taste of stamps; this was no contest.

Would you rather...
travel around the world in a hot air balloon
-or-
travel around the world in a sail boat?
I would like the view of the balloon, but not being able to lay down comfortably made me go with the boat.

Would you rather...
be part of a team that loses most games but is known for playing well with a lot of heart
-or-
be a part of a team that wins all its games easily, but everyone know the team doesn't try hard or really even care?
Again with being shallow, I like to win.

Would you rather...
have to sing everything you say
-or-
shout everything you say?
Much more pleasant.

Would you rather...
have a snowball fight against a pro baseball pitcher
-or-
play dodgeball against a pro quarterback?
I'd have my coat on in the snowball fight, at least then I'd have some padding.

Would you rather...
have a birthday party without your best friend there
-or-
have a party where no one shows up except your best friend?
I'm not much for birthday parties for myself, so I would definitely need my best friend there.

Would you rather...
wear a hairnet all the time
-or-
wear a red clown's nose all the time?
Think of all the time I'd save!

Would you rather...
run across a hungry alligator's back
-or-
run underneath an angry elephant?
I don't have a good reason for this one.

Would you rather...
try and get some gold coins that are guarded by a hornets' nest
-or-
try and get coins that are guarded by a nest of rattlesnakes?
I think the stings would hurt less than the bites.

Would you rather...
be stranded in the middle of the desert with a small bottle of water
-or-
with a black umbrella?
I don't have a good reason for this one either.

Would you rather...
have knees the size of watermelons
-or-
have elbows as large as pumpkins?
Or this one.

Would you rather...
have to go to school in the morning without doing anything to clean up except brush your teeth
-or-
do everything else to clean up except brush your teeth?
I can't stand to not have clean teeth.

Would you rather...
have everyone other than you be an adult
-or-
have everyone in the world be a kid?
If that meant that I don't have to take care of anyone else or pay bills, bring it on!

Would you rather...
be stuck in an elevator for 2 days with someone who talks too much
-or-
with someone who won't talk at all?
I originally chose the other one, but maybe the nonstop chatter would distract me from my claustrophobia.

Would you rather...
get out of the bathtub on a freezing morning and find there's nothing but a small, wet washcloth to dry with
-or-
find nothing but a box of tissues?
At least you'd stand a chance of getting dry.

Would you rather...
not be able to throw anything
-or-
not be able to kick anything?
I very rarely kick things, but I throw things all the time.

Would you rather...
be on TV
-or-
be in a video game?
Not that either one would ever happen.

Would you rather...
suddenly be able to see through buildings, walls, and more, but have no control over it...so it turns on and off for hours at a time
-or-
be able to run as fast as a car, but have no control over it, so that sometimes when you want to walk, you are forced to run like a speedster with no idea how long it will last?
I would hurt myself with the running power.

Would you rather...
stay back one year in school
-or-
have no summer vacation 4 years in a row?
I miss not having summer vacation.

Would you rather...
be an awesome singer in a bad band
-or-
a bad singer in a super popular band?
I would rather be talented.

From now on, would you rather...
have to read every book from the back of the book to the front
-or-
have to read every book while holding the book upside down?
It would certainly cut down on my reading.

Would you rather...
discover space aliens that are smarter than we are
-or-
dumber than we are?
Unless smarter also meant more peaceful.

Would you rather...
be lost late at night in an area with no streetlights
-or-
no street signs.
With street signs I could stand a chance of finding where I'm at.

Would you rather...
only be able to see the color green and have everything else be shades of gray tones
-or-
see everything slightly out of focus?
I experience the other option every time I take my contacts out, hence the reason why I wear contacts.

2 comments:

Sarah R said...

Very interesting!

Masaya416 said...

These were awesome, and very interesting. I liked reading the rationalization for some of them, though I will admit, I didn't agree with them all :D Hope you had a happy Mothers day!