Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Changes

Sorry to leave you hanging Stacey. Here's the changes with more to come for me. I have been the Primary President for a year and a half and in the presidency for three and a half years. Michael has been in the Elder's Quorum presidency for almost 3 years. He was called to be the Elder's Quorum president, so that meant that I had to be released. It's been a little tricky trying to keep each others schedules from overlapping. I was over cub scouting as well which takes an insane amount of time and requires a ridiculous amount of meetings. We made a rule that if you got to the calendar first, your meeting took priority.

Sunday was my last day in Primary which made me really sad. I have loved being around the kids. Every week was different, you truly had to fly by the seat of your pants. I loved seeing the kids around town and having them recognize me, giving me hugs, and telling me what they were doing. The upside is that I don't have meetings anymore, but Michael's have increased.

I met with the new president tonight to give her my binder, give details about the kids, and show her around the closet. It was a little bittersweet, but now the weight is gone. I'll post after Sunday and let you know what my new adventure will be. I feel woefully inadequate for my next calling, we'll see how it goes!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I am sure you were wonderful with the kids! You were great with mine! Your new adventure will be just as good for you, I am certain! You will have a little more time for your new addition, too!! :) So fantastic to be in contact with you and Michael again!! WHen we go to WY, the kids wold rather spend time in Billings , than Lovell, so we will be sure to let you know when we are coming to get together! Have a great day!!

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

I loved being in Primary. The kids are so cute, and are very smart too. Congrats to Mike on his new calling. That will keep him very busy.
I'm sure your new calling will be great, and you will love it as much as you did Priamry. Good Luck!!